Based on invitation extended during the Global Tourism Economy Forum (GTEF) SE Asia Roadshow Luncheon in Kuala Lumpur on 25AUG 2015, the following PMC members attended the GTEF Forum held at the Venetian Macau on 12-14OCT 2015 :
- Mr Aruldas Arulandu (Tourland Travel)
- Mr Nicholas Yeap (Flexiroam)
- Mr Rosly Selamat (Iskandar Malaysia)
- Mr GP Subramaniam (PMC Executive Secretary)
The registration fees to the forum and 2 nights hotel accommodation were hosted by the GTEF Organisers.
The theme for the forum was ‘Belt and Road Initiative – Unleashing the New Dynamics of Cultural Tourism.
Besides the welcome speeches, keynote and congratulatory messages by some key leaders like GTEF Chairman, Chief Executive of Macau, Prime Minister Cambodia, Chairman PATA and representatives from UNWTO, CNTA, WTTC etc, presentations by some China provinces such as Zhejiang, Fujian & Tianjin, the programme included forum sessions covering following subjects which were very informative and of interest to those present :
- Technical Presentation on Joint Research Project of UNWTO and GTERC- Market Analysis of Asia Tourism Trends, Highlighting the Pacific Alliance, and the Linkage between City Tourism and Culture
- Understanding Chinese Consumers Behavior and Chinese Overseas Investment
- Exploring the Full Dimension of Cultural Tourism – Cultural Heritage and Creative Living Culture
- Driving Cultural Awareness through Social Media (presented by PATA & Connecting Travel)
The PMC team also met up with Mr Kevin Murphy, Chairman PATA and Mr Mario Hardy, CEO PATA for introduction and casual conversation. The Forum ended with a Highlight Tour of Macau UNESCO Heritage on 14OCT 2015 .
Some photos of the event: